Photo & Video Scavenger Hunt
Findlay Hats are designed for good times. Combine that with the creative spirit of the Findlay Force and we can produce some pretty incredible results. What a better way to test these hats, create some cool photos/videos, and have some good times while doing it than with a little friendly competition and big prizes.
Introducing the 4th version of the It Stayed Brigade, a series of tests & challenges designed for the Findlay Force.
Each task is assigned a point value and the harder the challenge is, the more points you will receive for successfully completing it. This will be a 2-month long campaign, with prizes & awards at the end.
Version Four: July 14th - August 31, 2019
For a challenge to receive points and be deemed as “successfully completed” it must follow theses simple rules.
Take a photo from the list below, and share it on Instagram. You will get points based on what you do. Those points can be used for your Findlay Rewards account. If you earn 3000 points you can get the Exclusive, It Stayed Brigade 2019 Limited edition hat.
1) Photo or video must be taken or posted between July 14th & August 31. No entries from before July 2019 will count, previous years entries will not count.
2) Upload your submissions as photos and/or videos to Instagram or Facebook as a post. You must tag @findlayhats in the photo and #itstayedbrigade #findlayhats in the description. If you do not tag all of this, we will be unable to see your photo and count it for points. A collage of multiple photos is okay. Remember - post the name of the challenge in the post description and please share quality content!
3) Your Instagram or Facebook profile MUST be open to the public for the judges to view and must be your personal account. Be sure to double check that the photo is showing up on the Instagram hashtag page, or the Facebook "community wall" at the links below:
4) You MUST be wearing a Findlay hat in every photo and/or video submitted. If you are doing a challenge where you could lose your hat, make sure you have your laces down and tied properly for water sports. Check out https://www.findlayhats.com/pages/how-to for more info.
5) Each challenge can only be completed once per contestant or team unless otherwise noted. Each submission can contain a max of 3 challenges completed in the same photo. Photo collages/slideshows are okay.
6) Do not put yourself or others in danger. Do not do anything illegal. Do not do anything stupid. We are not liable for your actions.
7) All entries must be submitted by midnight Pacific Time on August 31st. Each entry will be reviewed by a panel of judges from Findlay Hats and gone through with a fine-toothed comb.
8) There are no teams this year, however we highly encourage to do these with some friends so you can all get the points. Multiple people can use the same account, but points will only go to that account.
9) To get points, you must have a Findlay Rewards account. Click the green present icon in the bottom right corner of our website. Enter your info to make a rewards account
10) Email your Instagram account or Facebook Name to firstname.lastname@example.org - we need your email so we can add the points to your rewards account.
The points will be tallied up and the standings updated via the Findlay Hats Instagram and on this page as often as we can. We have no idea the scale of this contest, so it may take a couple of weeks to get your points for the challenges.
If you follow the above rules, you will be given a score on the post within 2 weeks of the contest ending.
- Top of a ferris wheel - 75 points
- Roller coaster- 75 points
- Upside down on a roller coaster- 150 points
- Snowball to the face - 75 points
- Top of a mountain - 300 points
- Top of a waterfall - 75 points
- At a beautiful campsite - 75 points
- Pie to the face - 75 points
- Jumping into water- 75 points
- Handstand - 150 points
- Bird on your head - 75 points
- Zip lining - 150 points
- Riding a horse - 75 points
- Riding a human, like a horse - must be racing another duo- 75 points
- Hat on a dog - 75 points
- Sticking your head out of a sun roof - 75 points
- Sticking your head out of an exotic cars sunroof - 150 points
- Dancing in the middle of a food court - 30 seconds minimum, music optional - 300 points (video)
- Next to a Rolls Royce Phantom - 300 points
- On a mechanical bull - 150 points
- Grandpa/Grandma or someone over 80 wearing a Findlay hat with the laces down - 150 points
- While waterskiing, wake boarding, or wake surfing - 75 points
- At a scenic viewpoints with your city in the background - 75 points
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding - 75 points
- Hot air balloon - 150 points
- Rock climbing - 75 points
- Exploring a spooky building - 75 points
- At a rodeo, walking around yelling “This is my first rodeo!” at least 5x - 300 points (video)
- Top of a tall building - 75 points
- Under water - 75 points
- Scuba diving - 400 points
- Silly string to the face - full can - 150 points
- Kite boarding - 75 points
- While in a tree - 75 points
- Eating a free sample at a grocery store, with the employee - 75 points
- Bungie jumping - 300 points
- Posing like a boy band - 75
- On a train - 75 points
- At a major league sporting stadium - 75 points
- Kayaking - 75 points
- Pond skimming - 300 points
- In a Cave - 150 points
- On stage at a decent sized concert - 150 points
- Stage diving - 400 points
- With a monkey - 150 points
- With a sign at a busy intersection that says “Why lie, I need points for It Stayed Brigade”…other funny quote is okay - 150 points
- Dressed like an Alien - 150 points
- Fish slap to the face - 150 points
- Slack lining - 75 points
- With a dolphin encounter - 150 points
- Breakdancing - 75 points
- In a helicopter - 300 points
- On a unicycle - 75 points
- With your USPS Delivery Driver - with your Findlay Order - 150 points
- While running a 5k or longer race - 150 points
- Confetti to the face - 75 points
- Waterslide 75 points
- In the middle of a Walmart - 75 points
- In the middle of a library - 75 points
- After winning a food challenge - 150 points
- With your old (or current?) high school principle - 75 points
- Wearing 15 layers of shirts - 150 points
- On the head of your towns Mayor - 300 points
- Balancing something difficult on your head- 75 points
- At a wildlife sanctuary with a employee - 75 points
- Water gun to the face - 75 points
- Sandboarding - 150 points
- Downhill luge/downhill carts (on a track) - 150 points
- Buried in sand, mud or something else that looks cool - 150 points
- Jumping over a cactus - 150 points
- Rafting with friends - 150 points
- On the bow of a boat - 75 points
- Take a picture with a milk mustache with the clerk you just bought the milk with. 150 points
- Next to a Giraffe - 75 points
- With the mascot of a sports team - 75 points
- Outside of a store that carries Findlay - 75 points
- Outside of a store that collaborated with Findlay - 75 points
- Bake a cake or pie with Findlay themed decoration - 300 points
- At Burning Man - 300 points
- On an exotic animal - 75 points
- Next to a very long, straight road - 75 points
- Middle of the desert - 75 points
- In a forest - 75 points
- In a bee suit, surrounded by bees (hat on the outside of suit) 400 points
- Next to the "Welcome to [state name] State" sign - 75 points per state, multiple states is okay
- At the tallest structure in your state - 75 points
- On a "tall Bike" - 75 points
- With a group of puppies - 75 points
- With an Olympic Athlete - 75 points & 300 points for gold medalist
- Make the Findlay Logo...with findlay hats 150 points
- While holding a hunting falcon - 150 points
- Photo of your personal Findlay Hat collection - 10 points per hat, max of 15 hats/150 points (please state the total hats in the title :) )
- On a beach - 75 points
- On your local news - 150 points
- With a burger the size of your head - 150 points
- Dressed like a lumberJack or LumberJill - 75
- At a Findlay Hats Event Booth - 150 points
- At the Findlay Hats Warehouse (during business hours only please :) ) 150 points
- Get your photo featured on the @Findlayhats Instagram Story (July 14-August 31st Only) - 100 points
- Get your photo featured on the @Findlayhats Instagram page (July 14-August 31st Only) - 500 points
- Riding a real dolphin - 500 Points
- While volunteering at a food bank/shelter - 500 Points
- On the podium of an event you won - 500 Points
- Photo of you on the Jumbotron at a major event - 500 Points
- With a monkey wearing the hat - 700 Points
- On the head of a uniformed fire fighter - 500 Points
- At one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the world - 500 points
- On top of one of the top 10 tallest buildings in the world - 500 points
- Giving $10 to a homeless person - 600 points
- With someone famous, judges will determine what qualifies that 700 Points
- Get a Findlay tattoo. 2 inches or bigger & done professionally - sample designs can be found at the bottom of this page** 7000 Points
- Skydiving - 1000 Points
- Film a high quality Findlay commercial - 2000 points
- Findlay Logo written by a plane in the sky - 3000 points
- Make the Findlay Logo outline with a group of at least 30 people - 1000 points
** If you already have a Findlay Tattoo, you can post it again for 500 points.
All points earned can be used on your Findlay rewards account to put towards Findlay gear & hats, as well as points are the only way to get the It Stayed Brigade limited Edition Hat.
The limited edition It Stayed Brigade hats will be available to anyone who has at least 3000 points in their Findlay rewards account.
Whoever earns the most It Stayed Brigade Points from challenges by the end of the contest will win the following prizes.
- 1 of 1 It Stayed Brigade Champions hat
- Custom Pocket designed for you
- $500 Findlay Store Credit
- 1 of 1 It Stayed Brigade Runners up hat
- $300 Findlay Store Credit
- 1 of 1 It Stayed Brigade 3rd place hat
- $150 in Findlay Store Credit
Voted by our judges:
We will let the Findlay Force choose their favorite entry and give the winner $100 store credit.
Rules & regulations & other fun stuff:
Some of the above challenges may be considered dangerous or contain a hazard to ones health. Findlay Hats does not condone or suggest any dangerous actions or activities. Do not attempt any of the above if they are outside of your skill level or you are not a trained professional. Do not break any laws or ordinances while doing these challenge.
We encourage the use of a helmet with many of these stunts and points will count if you are wearing a hat under the helmet. We are not responsible for any injuries or damage caused while attempting to do any of the above stated challenges. By participating and using the hashtag #itstayedbrigade you acknowledge the above and agree to it.
Photos used in this contest may be used by Findlay Hats for social media however copyright owner will be notified prior to any other use of your photographs.
If your hat is damaged during the tests, email@example.com to discuss the warranty options.
We reserve the right to alter or change the prizes & entries at any time. No cash value may be exchanged for prizes. Entry void where prohibited.